Post Number: 47
|Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 4:44 pm: |
In September last year, I received my custom Dragon Wing: a wonderful instrument with great tone, exceptional balance and to me, the perfect neck. It was love at first play.
Unfortunately, there were two small flaws which necessitated a return to the workshop to correct. Mica was gracious enough to allow me to take a few weeks to bond with the bass before shipping, but the week before Thanksgiving, 2009, I carefully packed it back up in the original case, packing and box and sent it back to Santa Rosa.
A few days later, on November 16, 2009 as my wife and I were driving down the coast of Florida for a weekís vacation at Captiva, Mica called me to say she was having a bad day. My two month old bass had arrived with a broken neck. So today, on the first anniversary, Iím pretty bummed.
Post Script: Through Micaís persistence (and perhaps the viral spread of the United Broke My Guitar video), the (internationally known) shipping company finally accepted responsibility and agreed in January to fund a replacement. Iím still waiting for completion, although I saw some progress pictures about a month ago.
Post Number: 1394
|Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 4:56 pm: |
I wish the best for you !
Post Number: 7049
|Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 5:02 pm: |
Probably was one of the very worst phone calls I ever had to make.
Post Number: 874
|Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 5:41 pm: |
What a nightmare. I'm glad the shipping company finally took responsibility.
Post Number: 50
|Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 7:03 pm: |
Mica told me the person who adjudicated the appeal of their initial denial and subsequently approved the claim was a bass player, so perhaps that helped.
Post Number: 1395
|Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 7:52 pm: |
I had a major battle with the USA UPS after they damaged 2 Dolby 360 ( with Cat. 280 SR cards ) rack units that had been shipped to me from Pinewood Studios in England . I had to spend hours for days on the phone with not only the US branch but also the British branch. The British branch were most helpful in coordinating the positive end result with the sender and the USA branch. All in all It took about 4 months or so of hassling but I finally got a settlement. The fact that It took so much time and pressure from me towards UPS is what was so upsetting .
Post Number: 1425
|Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 2:16 am: |
When I sent my MK to SIMS last year I was so worried that it would end up damage even though it was only being transported within the UK.
I wrapped the whople case up in bubble wrap and placed a zillion 'Fragile'stickers on it.
That is a bummer with a capital B
Post Number: 843
|Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 4:49 am: |
Dude don't cry this shit happens every fugging day!