Post Number: 1993
|Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 6:39 am: |
This is not really a trouble shooting question as much as an advice request.
I was switching from my 4 string S-2 to my 5 string S-2, and while unplugging the 5 pin cable I must have gotten my thumb wrapped aroung too far and got a pretty good shock.
2 questions; Has this happened to anyone else here and which is the recommended way to unplug a Series instrument cable, from the DS-5 first(which does not have a power switch like my DS-5R or bass first or does it not really matter?
(buzzed but OK) LOL
Post Number: 5805
|Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 9:08 am: |
I asked my dad bout this yesterday. He suggested first sending in the power supply, but then as he thought about it more, he has a new theory. You wouldn't need to wait to hit a pin to get shocked if the source was the bass, cable or power supply. Once you touched the metal housing on the 5-pin cable that would have been enough.
He said that sometimes when you touch something with a small surface area (like the tip of one of the 5-pin connector pins) suddenly, it can really feel like an electrical shock if you hit your finger just right. He's done it before, but not with a 5-pin connector.
Post Number: 7413
|Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 9:35 am: |
This discussion has expanded here.