Post Number: 77
|Posted on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 6:07 am: |
Mr Gedney was kind enough to sell me this wonderful instrument. I know it had a full refurbishment a few years back and have seen the FTC thread, but it would be nice to also have the full specs on this if you get the chance.
It is now being played frequently in Hong Kong.
Post Number: 82
|Posted on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 4:54 am: |
Sorry Mica, I was able to track this down on a previous thread:
* Front/Back Schedua
* Core Cherry
* Neck Purple Heart with Walnut stringers (done this way because the neck thickness dimension roughly duplicates that of a Fender "C" neck - very thin and fast)
The neck is also slightly narrower at the nut and wider at the 24th fret than stock
* original sterling silver logo
* upgraded electronics in 2002 - original pickup molds used
* LED's with dimmer
* Double cutaway body wings with arm and "tummy" contouring (VERY comfortable for the lazy bassist!)
* Custom "Tree Of Life" inlay made of silver, antique ivory, abalone and mother-of pearl
I guess that is it. By the way, who sould have done this inlay work back in 1975/1976?