Post Number: 1
|Posted on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 3:40 pm: |
Moonstone Eclipse Deluxe MINT One-Owner
I’ll try to keep this short because I can go on forever about how awesome this thing is. I’m selling this for a good friend of mine who isn’t “technically inclined” or very computer savy. This is by far the best playing and sounding bass I’ve ever had the chance to hold. The new owner will own a piece of Moonstone history, and an amazing instrument.
This was made in 1981, and has had one owner (my close friend). He's more of a Fender bass guy, and he bought this more as an investment. It literally has been a closet bass for the past 30 years. It’s as mint as the day it left the factory, and is 1 of 124 made from what he’s told me. (They actually made an Eclipse Deluxe guitar from the same slab of wood that I’ve personally played) Serial number is 30XX. It plays perfectly, no issues, and sounds amazing. The factory brochure that came with the bass has these listed as the specs…note the upgrades as this IS a Deluxe model…
Eclipse bass standard features:
- Bartolini 9s pickups
- Graphite reinforced neck
- 2 volumes, 2 tones, phase switch
- Bookmatched burl with meranti core
- Rosewood fingerboard inlaid with mother of pearl dots
- Hardshell case
- Allen bradley mod pots
- Completely shielded wiring harness
- Gold plated grover or shaller machies
- Sterling silver or brass side position markers
- Two octave fingerboard with dunlop 6100 extra high frets
- 33 ½ inch fret scale
Deluxe model upgrades (bass)
- Highly figured maple neck
- Bookmatched burl with african padauk core
- Walnut burl headcap with mother of pearl logo
- Bound ebony fingerboard inlaid with diamond and starflakes
He’s looking for $3500 OBO. Payment through Paypal preferred. No overseas. Thanks guys.
(Message edited by Singlecutguy on June 17, 2011)
Post Number: 904
|Posted on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 5:13 pm: |
I remember lusting after one of these back in the 80s. What were the original electronics???
Post Number: 2
|Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 8:03 am: |
The electronics listed above are the original electronics. It hasn't been messed with in ANY way. Every pot, pickup, jack, nut, tuning key, is original and perfect.