WANTED: Rickenbacker with Alembic Pic... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Alembic Club » Swap Shop and Wish Lists » Wanted & Wishing » Archive through August 29, 2007 » WANTED: Rickenbacker with Alembic Pickups « Previous Next »

Intermediate Member
Username: ajish4

Post Number: 119
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit Post

I know someone here on the forum won a Mapleglo 4003/1 "S" bass on Ebay about a year ago. It had the Alembic Activators and electronics.

My sniper misfired and I lost it. I've been regretting it ever since. I just can't remember who and I can't locate the thread in the archive.

Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated.

IF you are looking to sell, PLEASE contact me at the address in my profile.

Username: valvil

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post

Hi Tony,

this used instrument store in the bay area frequently has Ricks with Alembics in them. http://www.fatdawg.com/bass.html

There's one on their bass page, not quite halfway down, though I think that's been there for a long time ; I don't think the site is updated often, but I recall Mica telling me that Fat Dog ( the owner) bought a large supply of Alembic electronics back in the day and he often fits them to other makers's instruments. You might want to give him a call, he may be able to help you.

Good luck

Intermediate Member
Username: dwmark

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 7:16 am:   Edit Post

I got the one that got away from you. I'm playing a lot more five than four these days and might be willing to part with it.

Intermediate Member
Username: ajish4

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post

Hi David,

Email sent!

Thanks for the lead. I contacted the seller and it was sold about 2 years ago. Boy, he really does need to update his site!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration