How much for my Epic V? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Alembic Club » Swap Shop and Wish Lists » For Sale & Trade » Archive 2009 » How much for my Epic V? « Previous Next »

stev1em
New
Username: stev1em

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 4:11 pm:   Edit Post

I am reluctantly putting my zebrawood Epic V up for sale.
I purchased it from new in 1996, but it has never been gigged and has seen little playing use at all-it is as new, mint condition.
It is a fantastic instrument that deserves to be played and not sit wasting in my guitar collection.
It comes complete with a fitted Bass Centre hard case.
I am at a loss to put a price on it, there must be someone out there who is about to or thinking of ordering a "new" Epic when they could cut out the wait time and pick up mine which as I said is "as new" and not even played in?
I don't want to go down the Ebay route if I can avoid it so that why I am offering it up to the community first.
Any suggestions or serious offers would be welcome.
I can put some photos up if anyone is interested?
57basstra
Username: 57basstra

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 4:22 pm:   Edit Post

Steve, welcome to the board. Good luck with the sale. I am going to let the Alembic players on your side of the big pond give you some estimates on a fair market price for your ax.

Again, welcome aboard!
davehouck
Username: davehouck

Post Number: 8239
Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 4:22 pm:   Edit Post

Pictures always help.

Generally, five string Epics trade higher than four string Epics; and generally, Alembics trade higher in the UK and Europe than they do in the US. And that it's in excellent condition and includes a hard case should help as well. That said, I don't follow UK and European prices enough to venture a guess. If one of our European members sees this thread, perhaps they can be of more help.
stev1em
New

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 4:48 pm:   Edit Post

Thanks for the replies guys-photos to follow!
jacko
Username: jacko

Post Number: 2287
Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 4:57 am:   Edit Post

Guitar-Guitar in Glasgow sold one a couple of years ago for around 800. No idea what one would go for now. I'd not let mine go for less than 1500 but I'll never sell it anyway.

Graeme
stev1em
New

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post

Pictures of Epic V as promised.
whole
body1case
headstockfrontheadstockbacks/n
body2back
closeupfrontside
body2
stev1em
New

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 8:24 am:   Edit Post

I have only just noticed that on most other Epics that they all seem to have a brass truss rod cover plate at the base of the neck and mine hasn't!
Is the brass cover an add-on and non-standard?
adriaan
Username: adriaan

Post Number: 2253
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 8:29 am:   Edit Post

Most Epics, Orions and Excels actually have a plastic truss rod cover. Nice bass! (but you knew that already)
davehouck
Username: davehouck

Post Number: 8247
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 8:49 am:   Edit Post

Nice piece of Zebrawood!
chalkie
Junior
Username: chalkie

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 9:07 am:   Edit Post

Steve,
Did you see this one on eBay (UK)? its in walnut. It has a starting price of 600

I bought an Epic 6-string on UK ebay 3 years ago for 600, but I think I was pretty lucky.

There is also this one which is fretless in zebrawood from a retailer. , but I think 1,795 is pushing it a bit. Its been not sold yet, and its been on eBay for a while
stev1em
New

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 2:34 pm:   Edit Post

Hi Chalkie,
yes I have just seen the walnut one-it is well used compared to mine, which looks like its just come from the factory.
A nice zebrawood one went last week on Ebay for about 1500 so I think that I would be happy with that sort of figure.
The fretless has been up for 2200 and has just been dropped to 1800 today, I agree with you that is a bit high-I wouldn't feel comfortable taking that much off anyone for my Epic.
I'm including a hard case and a few sets of strings if anyone is looking to treat themselves to a very nice guitar!
stev1em
New

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 2:34 pm:   Edit Post

(Message edited by stev1em on June 26, 2009)
stev1em
New

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 4:07 am:   Edit Post

I'm advertising my bass on another forum for 1400 to see if I can drum up some interest.
I can't believe that no one is interested or wants one of these guitars-maybe I should just put it back in its case and leave it for another 10 years??
jack
Advanced Member
Username: jack

Post Number: 210
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:27 am:   Edit Post

No man, you should pull it out of its case and play it every day for another 10 years!

A beauty, good luck with the sale.
scotty1
Junior
Username: scotty1

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post

Stevie

Not sure if this helps but I bought my Epic V (preowned)in London just over 1 year ago for 1100. It is birds-eye maple and mahogany and I really enjoy playing it!
I think you should stick out for a good price as the quality of these basses merits it.

Cheers
stev1em
New

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 3:35 pm:   Edit Post

Thanks for the advice guys,Jack - I have been using the bass in rehearsals for my new band and it is awesome, and thanks Scotty, you are correct I shouldn't give it away as I have said it is an amazing instrument, but unfortunately it still has to go but a part of me is saying stick with it, it probably would make sense!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration