Alembic 1982 Series 2 Medium Scale Ba... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Alembic Club » Swap Shop and Wish Lists » For Sale & Trade » Archive 2010 » Alembic 1982 Series 2 Medium Scale Bass in Cocobolo Satin Finish with Red LED's and Omega Cutout « Previous Next »

Username: neilvg

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 1:32 pm:   Edit Post

Hello Fellow Alembicans!

This bass was originally purchased from Andy Fortier. After reception, I had it re-setup and fine tuned by Gary Bower Guitars in San Francisco. This bass is just immaculate. I honestly cannot recall a finer example of a 1982 vintage. There are no dings, dents, or even scratches to speak of.

The bass has a smooth mirror like satin finish in cocobolo with Red LED's and an Omega Cutout. It is Medium Scale. Please see the image slide show below for picture detail.

Static Images:

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Includes: Alembic Series 2 Mono/Stereo Box, Series 2 Connection Cable (long), and the original Hardcover Case.

From what I understand, this bass was originally purchased in 1982 and added to a larger collection which was kept on private display or storage for several years until it was finally purchased, in like new condition, a few years ago.

Price: $6000

Neil Godbole

(Message edited by neilvg on February 28, 2010)
Username: glocke

Post Number: 682
Posted on Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 3:25 pm:   Edit Post

Hi Neil

Could you change the slideshow to one that has static images ? When the images change so fast like that it is really kind of hard to get a good look.

Also, whats under the circular brass plate above the omega cut in back?
Username: poor_nigel

Post Number: 79
Posted on Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post

Do you mean the battery compartment? Two 9 volt batteries. I imagine people contemplating spending over $5K on a bass will want better pictures. That seems reasonable.

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 4:42 pm:   Edit Post

Here is the link for static pictures. To see bigger more detailed versions, just click on the pic and it will enlarge to its full uploaded resolution.

As far as even better pictures then above, please let me know what you would like to see.

Username: ashapiro

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post

If this bass is still available, could you give me the contents of the build sheet? Thanks.
Username: sonofalembic

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 7:33 am:   Edit Post

How do i contact you to discuss purchasing this bass?

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post

Bass is Sold - Pending Payment

Thanks to all those who expressed interest

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration