Alembic Series I - flamed Koa - compl... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Alembic Club » Swap Shop and Wish Lists » For Sale & Trade » Archive 2011 » Alembic Series I - flamed Koa - complete Alembic re-build [SOLD] « Previous Next »

lozbass
Junior
Username: lozbass

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 6:29 am:   Edit Post

Hi all, I'm sure that most of you will know this bass - it's the stunning Alembic re-built Series I that Todd had advertised here in September of this year. I imported it to the UK but - very sadly - now find that the scale length is too much for me. I'm selling my long-scales to focus almost exclusively on my short-scales. Everything that Todd said about the bass is entirely true - it's staggeringly beautiful, an incredible player...and the tone! (Well, you knew that anyway). Todd's original thread is here:

http://alembic.com/club/messages/395/84934.html?1285420518

My current ad for the bass is on Basschat in the UK - it can be viewed here:

http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=114643

There doesn't seem to be a lot of point in repeating the ad here but I can do if anybody thinks it's preferable. The bass can be shipped to the US, Europe or the UK. The selling price is 3100 (or Dollar or Euro equivalent).

I'm not going to get into all the hype here - please just take a look at Todd's images and my own on the Basschat site - they kind of tell you what you need to know about the bass.

Cheers, Lozbass
llobsterbass
Username: llobsterbass

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 9:30 am:   Edit Post

This bass needs no hype. I remember it from the older thread. just stunning. gonna make someone very happy.
lozbass
Junior
Username: lozbass

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2011 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post

Thanks llobsterbass, it really is a very lovely bass - the Koa is the most beautiful I've ever seen - hypnotic 3D. The bass is now with a new owner (and very good guy!) in the UK. Thanks for all the enquiries and kind commments
clarkybass
Intermediate Member
Username: clarkybass

Post Number: 103
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 1:40 pm:   Edit Post

Hi from the new owner :-)
artswork99
Username: artswork99

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 2:59 pm:   Edit Post

Hey Mark, Congratulations on a real beauty! Play it Healthy! Art
jazzyvee
Username: jazzyvee

Post Number: 2295
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post

Great news on your purchase Clarkybass. I was sorely tempted but I struggle with that large body shape. I have no doubt that it will sound great though.

I hope you have a great time with it,

Jazzyvee
davehouck
Username: davehouck

Post Number: 10045
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 4:24 pm:   Edit Post

Congrats Mark!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration