Anyone had a series I to II upgrade d... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Alembic Club » Dreaming... for now » Anyone had a series I to II upgrade done post build? « Previous Next »

jazzyvee
Username: jazzyvee

Post Number: 3927
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 7:07 am:   Edit Post

Having had a series I and Ii for a while, i think i prefer the series II setup, not that there is anything I don't like about the SI, I just like the fine tuning options and master volume.

So my thinking is, send my Series I bass back to mica to have have the existing electronics converted to series II. According to the quote generator, for a new build series I with an upgrade to series II electronics it would be $800 so I would imagine a post build conversion would be more but who knows. plus shipping back and forth.

Anyone done that?
I have to chat with mica this week so will bring it up with her also.

Jazzyvee
tmoney61092
Username: tmoney61092

Post Number: 926
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 7:30 am:   Edit Post

I think I saw in a thread a while back that it's $2,500 just for the Series II electronics...which of course could be more as Alembic has had price increases

~Taylor
edwin
Username: edwin

Post Number: 1747
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post

Most of the electronics (and pickups, of course) are the same. So, it shouldn't be too crazy expensive.
enzo
Advanced Member
Username: enzo

Post Number: 400
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 6:57 pm:   Edit Post

If memory serves me well, Jazzyvee is on the right track with $800. It was more to convert a Signature to Series as it's completely different package.
darkstar01
Username: darkstar01

Post Number: 530
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 10:17 pm:   Edit Post

When I was at the factory, I mentioned having this done to a bass (that i don't have any more) that was routed for series electronics, but didn't have them. I said I had seen 2,500 thrown out there, she said that was way off base. Didn't ask how much, though.
darkstar01
Username: darkstar01

Post Number: 531
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2014 - 1:04 am:   Edit Post

and i just realized that doesn't answer your question at all. sorry jazzy!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration