Another great one has passed Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Alembic Club » Miscellaneous » Archive: 2006 » Archive through January 24, 2006 » Another great one has passed « Previous Next »

Username: alembic76407

Post Number: 430
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 8:59 am:   Edit Post

Wilson Pickett has died

David T
Username: keavin

Post Number: 613
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post

He will be missed!
Username: palembic

Post Number: 2239
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post

It was just on the news about an hour ago.
With my former band DRIVE we played "In the Midnight Hour' in a more guitar-rock version and our lady-singer really could "catch' that tune!
Anyway ...he was a favourite.
He will be remembered

Paul the bad one
Username: lbpesq

Post Number: 898
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post

The wicked wicked Wilson Pickett. I've also played Midnight Hour in many bands. And who could forget Mustang Sally? I think maybe I'll watch The Commitments again this weekend. We've lost another of the greats.

Bill, tgo
Username: 2400wattman

Post Number: 51
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post

Human mortality seems to give us a real kick when somebody that we grew up with that gave us great inspiration passes, be it a loved one,friend or a somebody that writes a song or creates a piece of art that touches one in a way that is just unexplainable. To see or hear about such travesties should always make mankind rethink their own policies of living day to day. God bless us all.
Advanced Member
Username: smokin_dave

Post Number: 258
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post

We fired up our own funky version of Mustang Sally the other night in tribute to the Wicked one.RIP mister Pickett.You were one of the best.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration